Learn how getting Botox from your Tulsa dermatologist give you back your confidence.
Would you like to get rid of wrinkles and furrows that make you look older? Botox offers a temporary, non-surgical way to improve your appearance. Dr. Lynn Anderson, your Tulsa, OK dermatologist, explains how Botox treatment can help you.
What is Botox?
Botox is made from the botulinum toxin. Injecting a very small amount of Botox into the muscles under the skin is a very effective way to reduce wrinkles. Botox prevents nerve signals from reaching the muscles and causing contractions. When your muscles can't contract, the skin over the area relaxes and wrinkles and lines begin to smooth out. Botox offers a safe, effective way to temporarily treat wrinkles and a variety of other issues.
What issues does Botox treat?
Botox is used to treat a number of cosmetic and health issues, including:
- Crow's feet: Botox helps smooth those little lines that form at the corners of your eyes.
- Lines between the eyes: Sooner or later, nearly everyone develops vertical lines between the eyes. Unfortunately, those lines can make you look older. After Botox injections, the muscle relaxes and the lines become much less noticeable.
- Forehead furrows: Botox can be a good choice if you're concerned about horizontal lines on your forehead.
- Neck lines and bands: Your face might look younger, thanks to Botox injections, but the condition of your neck can give away your age. Adding neck injections makes lines and bands less noticeable.
- Lines around the lips and mouth: Don't like the way lines around your mouth and lips make you look? Botox injections are the perfect solution to reduce the appearance of those lines.
- Migraines: Botox can reduce the number of headaches you get if you have chronic migraines.
- Excessive sweating: Injecting Botox into your sweat glands may be recommended if you have hyperhidrosis, a condition that causes excessive sweating. The injections are very effective at blocking sweat production.
How long do Botox effects last?
Botox results typically last three to six months. As the effect of the toxin wears off, lines and wrinkles will gradually return unless you schedule additional injections.
If you're ready to get rid of the lines and wrinkles that make you look older than you feel, call Dr. Lynn Anderson, your Tulsa, OK dermatologist, at (918) 728-3100 and schedule a Botox appointment today. Rejuvenate your face with Botox!