Posts for: May, 2018
What your dermatologist in Tulsa, Oklahoma wants you to know
Your skin helps you look beautiful. It also protects your vital organs from injury. In fact, your skin plays many important roles, so you need to protect it. Dr. Lynn Anderson at Midtown Dermatology in Tulsa, Oklahoma wants to share some common tips on how to care for your skin.
If you want to look younger, your skin is where you should start. It’s never too late to develop an excellent skin care regimen. Let’s start with the basics. Remember to:
- Never go to bed with makeup on your skin because it can cause clogged pores and inflammation.
- Gently clean your skin at least once daily. Use mild cleansing milks, foams, or gels.
- Gently pat your skin dry, leaving a small amount of moisture on the surface of your skin. Don’t rub your skin because it can cause irritation.
- Apply moisturizer on clean, moist skin. Your moisturizer should contain an SPF of at least 15, higher if you are outside for long periods of time.
During the summer months, you need to take extra precautions to avoid sun damage, which can progress to skin cancer. Try to avoid being in direct sunlight between 10 AM and 4 PM, because damaging UV rays are highest during this period. Also remember to:
- Apply sunscreen of at least SPF 30
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Wear protective clothing including sunglasses and hats
During the winter, you have to contend with cold, wind, and bright sunlight, so remember to:
- Apply heavy cream or lotion moisturizer with at least SPF15 daily
- Avoid long, hot showers or baths because they can dry the skin
- Apply lip balm avoid chapped lips
You deserve to look your best, and it all begins with your skin. To find out more about skin care and other dermatology related topics, call Dr. Lynn Anderson at Midtown Dermatology in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She can help you look great, so call today!