Get A Youthful Look In 2021 With Botox
posted: Jun. 07, 2021.
Avoiding fine lines and wrinkles is impossible. No matter how carefully you care for your skin, visible signs of aging eventually appear, often much sooner than you'd like. Fortunately, Botox treatment, one of the services offered by your Tulsa, OK, dermatologist, Dr. Lynn Anderson, and Dr. Kristen Rice of Midtown Dermatology, can smooth lines and wrinkles, improving your appearance.
How Botox works
Facial muscles begin to sag and skin becomes a little less elastic with age, triggering the formation of lines and wrinkles. Lines and wrinkles are often related to dynamic facial expressions, the way you move your face when you laugh, frown, or squint.
Botox targets the muscles used to create dynamic facial expressions. The injections prevent your muscles from contracting when you make an expression, which allows the skin over the muscle to smooth out. Botox injections are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and offer a safe, simple way to look a little more youthful. Botox results usually last about four to six months.
During your visit to the Tulsa dermatology office, your dermatologist may recommend Botox if you're concerned about:
- Lines Between Your Eyebrows: Vertical lines between the eyebrows may make you look tired or even angry. Fortunately, Botox softens the lines that form when you squint, frown, or focus intensely.
- Forehead Lines: Have you decided that wearing bangs is the only way to deal with your wrinkled forehead? Botox also minimizes horizontal forehead furrows.
- Crow's Feet: Botox offers an excellent way to smooth the fine lines that radiate from the corners of your eyes.
- Lip Lines: Softening lip lines with Botox will refresh your appearance and may even prevent your lipstick from bleeding into the fine lines.
- Nasolabial Fold Lines: Have the lines that extend from your nose to your mouth on either side of your face become more noticeable lately? Botox softens the appearance of these lines and is often combined with fillers that plump the skin.
Enhance your appearance with Botox! Call your dermatologists in Tulsa, OK, Dr. Lynn Anderson and Dr. Kristen Rice of Midtown Dermatology, at (918) 728-3100 to schedule your appointment.